Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Always be there for your friend!!!


“Sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of your friend is by far, the truest type of friendship.”

How many of us do something or go somewhere just for the sake of our friends? Most of us do these kinds of things happily and some of us will do under the huge pressure and some of us don’t even care for doing these things. How can you call yourself a friend if you can’t do anything for your friend?

Like others I do have my friends and some of them are my best friends. Unlike some people I always try to keep my friends happy and satisfied. Most of the time I am the one to make sacrifices and compromises because I feel that most important thing in our life is our friends. Without friends we are nothing. I have seen people who lost their friends forever and left out alone in this world, friendless.

To be a good friend you do not need the best qualities and characters, also you do not have any rules and regulations to follow. Simply you need to be with your friend whenever they need you the most, good times or bad. For me, the biggest thing that matters in friendship is that you have to be selfless. If you only think about you, yourself, your happiness and don’t care about friend, then your friendship will be drowned in the ocean of your selfishness. Friendship is all about giving and forgiving rather than getting and forgetting.


Sometimes the little things you do for your friend will mean a lot for him/her. This is the fact that I learnt recently. It is not that I don’t do things for the sake of my friends but this incident was memorable. There was food fiesta in my friend’s college and she had been inviting 3 of us since the day programme was fixed. And that very day neither of us three showed interest to attend the fiesta and we were busy making the excuses for not going there. She’s been calling us asking when we will be there and we were terrorized with her every call. Then we had a little discussion within ourselves and came to the conclusion that we will go there and meet her up. And yes, we did the same, just for the sake of our friend. We went and met her, gave a small gift and talked for a while. That was the moment I saw the real happiness in her eyes, in her face, in her voice and in her heart.

If you see such happiness in your friend’s eye, it is obvious that you will be happy too. Aristotle had said that “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.”

The one who is selfish will be left alone at last and I have seen those kinds of people. Sometimes bad people are good for us because seeing them we can learn new lesson that will keep us aware of repeating the mistakes they did. We learn from our own deeds, sometimes our good deeds and sometimes from our mistakes. This time I learnt that no matter how hard it is for you, you should be there for your friend. The best rule of friendship is to keep your heart a little softer than your head.

2 comments: